Tuesday, April 10, 2007

It's Like Riding A Bike!

This week has been all me for the first grade classes. I was a little intimidated coming into this part of the internship, not because of the kids, but because I haven't worked with Tami before. Since I've worked with this age group, I kind of knew what to expect from them. I've had fun this week. I decided what I was going to do with them last week, and Tami and I went over it to make sure there wasn't something I was leaving out. Yesterday was my first day in front of the group, so I knew my lesson would be rough. Today, however, I got my bearings. I was able to think on my feet, and I even came up with some great ways to get the kids to do what I wanted them to do, as well as learn a few concepts in the process. And it's only Tuesday...

2 comments:

Rachel Cornett said...

Have a great week in teacherland. How many more days til summer break...!

Gloria Brown said...

I think it's about 30 for you and 18 for me! Yeah!