Monday, April 2, 2007

I'm now a Cardinal.

Today was my first day at Farmington. It is a much smaller school district than the one in which I was originally placed. I am working with first through fourth grades. After working with middle schoolers who are much taller than I am, I forgot how little first graders can be. I was pleasantly surprised this morning when a girl in my children's choir at church walked into the music room. She's a sweetie!

I am excited about working with a wider age group. First graders are completely different than fourth graders. And the lessons they will be taught are completely different as well. I am also going to enjoy the commute a whole lot more. I was able to leave my house at 7:30 this morning and make it to my first school in less than 10 minutes. And I was home by 3:30 this afternoon! Amazing!

My new mentor teacher, Tami, is really fun too. She's probably my age, and I really think that we are going to get along smashingly. She's very laid back and doesn't let a lot of things bother her. I guess we'll see how things go.

On the other hand, Rachel did call me and tell me how much I was missed at Spring Hill. Hmm, could this be the beginnings of some sort of job Mrs. Cornett? Could you maybe pull those magic strings you use on the administration and work something out for me? After that article in the Democrat-Gazette yesterday, every educator in the state will want to work for the Bentonville School District!

3 comments:

Rachel Cornett said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rachel Cornett said...

Hey, I missed the article in the paper... do you still have it? And I would LOVE to have you work with me (or in other words you can come teach all day while I surf the net like I did when you were student teaching here...)! Really, we MISSED you so much today at school. You felt like such a natural part of our school that is so strange to not have you there now. COME BACK!!!! (Janine missed you at recess duty today, too.)

Gloria Brown said...

Is this an official job offer? Shouldn't I get some kind of letter from Dr. McDonald?

The article was about how Bentonville was the highest paid district in the state. You can probably go the dem-zette website and read it.