Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Do you know anyone famous?

Today was the most eventful day at Farmington. The morning classes went according to plan. Nothing was out of the ordinary with the first and second grade. The fourth grade went well, but this class started noticing that I was in the room. All the classes up until now had acknowledged I was there and then proceeded to forget about me.

Today changed that. After this fourth grade class, the third graders were just plain nosey! Who are you, why are you here, are you going to be our new music teacher, and so on. I even had one kid ask me who I knew that was famous. I really didn't understand his question until I asked him who he was asking about. When he asked if I knew Darren McFadden, I understood. He was a Razorback football fan, and since I went to school at the U of A, I might know him. I told him that I knew Marcus Monk and had worked with several other football players, as well as Stephen Hill from the basketball team. His eyes were huge! I think I have a fan now. If I could only remember that student's name...

No comments: