Friday, April 27, 2007

I made them cry!

Some of you may have noticed that the address for my blog is "don't make them cry." I have been trying to live up to that for the entire length of my internship. However, some goals are never reached. I made someone cry yesterday.

But it really wasn't my fault. The third grader had been sick and wasn't feeling good in the first place. But she didn't want to play her recorder; let me revise: she just wanted to sit in class and do nothing. And I wasn't about to let her do that. Come on, put the recorder on your chin and move your fingers. It's not hard! All the other kids in class are doing it. She just really made me a little mad, and when I wouldn't let her slack off, out came the tears. I almost laughed! Apparently, that works on her mom and dad, but she hasn't faced Miss Brown yet! Let's just say she did play her recorder for the remainder of class, and she was assigned to be the first one to play on the test next week (insert evil laugh here!).

I promise I am a really nice teacher and students really do like me. It just really irritates me when a student who can do something doesn't want to do for no good reason. All I ask is that you try. It's not a hard concept, and she'll thank me someday. Have a great weekend!

No comments: