Thursday, June 19, 2008

New Job, New Hair, New Attitude...

So, after several consultations from the girls, I decided that I still had no clue what I wanted to do with my hair. I decided to not take any pictures into the salon with me and see what Diane thought. When she started playing with my hair to see what shape it was in, she told me she was really, really glad that I wanted to go shorter. Apparently, my hair, especially the bottom five or six inches, was really dry and damaged. Umm, no surprise here, especially since last August my hair turned purple (look here and here).
Anyway, we decided on a shape to aim for, and she started cutting.
And cutting.
And cutting.
As she was cutting away the dead, damaged, dry hair, my hair flipped out. Literally. It started curling up like it used to when I was a toddler. So, Diane, being the amazing stylist she is, decided to change our original plan. She didn't cut it as short as she wanted to, thank goodness, but she did add a whole lot of layers, and there was more hair on the floor than left on my head! I'm really excited about playing with this and seeing what it looks like in different styles. There are so many layers!

2 comments:

Clare said...

It's so cute and flippy! I still want short hair, but don't have the guts. Maybe you'll be my inspiration :)

ek said...

looks very chic!