Monday, June 2, 2008

It's Official

I have a job! It's bitter sweet though. I've accepted a position at Izard County Consolidated (ICC for short). I will be teaching K-12. It's a great school system that has had a few problems over the last few years, so I'm going to have to go in there and clean things up a bit. But I'll be closer to my family, and I know my grandmother is having a fit over this. It's a little sad too, since I'll be leaving Fayetteville. I have so many people that I am now attached to, and I can't even type this out without tears filling my eyes. I just wanted to let you all know that I am not leaving forever. I do have a second family here in NWA, and I will always consider this home. Now, on to house hunting!

3 comments:

ek said...

congrats.

Clare said...

Congratulations, Gloria! I know how you feel, moving from NWA and all, but it will all be worth it! You're gonna rock out that school!

Rachel Cornett said...

G, I thought we already talked about this. You're not leaving Fayetteville.. you're just going to have a LONG commute every day. We'll chip in for gas.