Saturday, August 25, 2007

The Hair Fiasco

So I should have known not to attempt anything drastic in the month of August 2007. Most of you know that I dye my hair. I am in no way a natural blonde. Since my roots were showing drastically bad, I knew it was time to touch it up. I went to Wal-Mart, bought the same product in the same shade I always buy, and proceeded to dye my hair. No big deal.

That was until I walked into the bathroom and noticed that the dye had turned to a light shade of violet rather than the normal light brown color as usual. I didn't panic. I started rinsing out my hair and completed all the steps like the previous 500 times I have done this. When I took the towel off to dry my hair, I noticed several purple streaks in my hair. A small amount of panic began. I jumped in the shower and began scrubbing.

And scrubbing.

And scrubbing.

After countless shampoos, deep conditioning treatments, and several conversations with expert colorists, I still have light lavender streaks in my hair. It isn't noticeable unless I point it out...but it's there... in all it's purple glory. I guess I should be happy this is the first fiasco I've had in twelve years of hair dye, but why did it have to be this month?

No comments: