Thursday, January 31, 2008

Random Thought

As I was watching the season premiere of Lost (huge Lost fan, by the way), I kept noticing all the Charles Schwab commercials. Now, I don't know if you know which ones I'm talking about, but it's always one person talking about some sort of financial situation they are in (401K, stocks, etc.). Now there's nothing wrong with a good monologue. I like one soliloquy as much as the next person, but it's what they do to the people. Rather than filming them with regular film, they've added the cartoon effect and "animated" the film. I don't know why this creeps me out so much, but it does. If one of those commercials comes on and I see it, I really almost have to leave the room because I can feel little prickles of unease crawling up my arms. I know, pointless right. But there it is! Now, this is how much I like to beat myself up. Here's one of them, it all its weird arm-prickling nastiness:

2 comments:

KimL said...

I totally agree. They're creepy and really...unnecessary!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, you might need to see a pharmacist about that one....