Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Monday, Monday... Or is it Tuesday?

Yesterday we celebrated Martin Luther King, Jr., so that meant the day off for me! However, it was not all fun and games. I had to go to the dentist and have two fillings and my teeth cleaned. Needless to say, my jaw hurts so bad today. I don't think I've had my mouth opened that wide in a long time (Jamie Cornett insert comment here)!

Last night, about 5:00PM, NWA got the brunt of a small ice storm. There were people sitting on I-540 until 11:00PM last night because the police shut down sections of the interstate because of ice and accidents. People were running out of gas and needed water for their children. It was crazy.

Speaking of crazy, I'm sitting at work today. I had to commute to the office this morning across sheets of ice, following idiot drivers driving sideways up hills. The scariest part of my journey this morning was the hike into the building. I slipped and slided my way across the quarter mile to the stairs that head toward my building. Once I reached the stairs, I really thought my life would end as I tried not to fall backward into the road. After climbing the ice stairs, I realized the sidewalk was in even worse shape than the stairs, and trudged my way to the building through the grass. Crazy!

No comments: