Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Oh, the younger days...

Over the Christmas break, I got to spend some wonderful time with my family. Some of the family I haven't seen in a good three years. It was nice to have my Aunt Polly, who lives in Maryland, and her daughter Kathy visit for a few days. Kathy, her husband Anthony, and their daughter Lia made the trip to Arkansas for the first time. I always love when my dad and his sisters get together. We hear of all the exploits my dad and aunt Jean put Polly and Allene through. I still love to hear the story of the watermelon!
Of course, when my family gets together, there is always some sort of feast in the background. This time did not disappoint either. Mom made two gigantic pots of potato soup, and there was also chili, vegetable beef, and all kinds of side items. We all got together for some great pictures. When all the "kids" (I use this term loosely since the majority of us are in our 30's now) sat down together, all we could think about was the last time we were all together like this. There is a picture somewhere in my vast arsenal of photos when I was like 11 and we were all sitting on the porch steps at some one's house. Well, to my unfortunate dismay, I cannot find the picture, but here's the new one. Aren't we a motley crew?

From Back Left: Amy, Michael, Jonathan, Paula, Me From Front Left: Tina, Jami, Kathy


No comments: