Wednesday, January 2, 2008

No news is good news?

Christmas was very uneventful, and considering my family, that's good news. We all ate too much and got too used to being off work. I know I hated having to drag my lazy butt out of bed to face the frigid cold eleven degree temperature this morning and trudge my way to work.

My Aunt Polly arrived on Thursday night, and since I haven't seen her in over two years, it was fun to sit and talk with her and catch up on all the cousins I haven't seen in a while. Friday I cut my hair (picture of that coming soon) and now it's short again and I have BANGS! Sunday I woke up contaminated with Landon's cold, so now my throat hurts like someone is poking a hot piece of metal between my tonsils and I can't breath.

I stayed in Batesville through the first, something I haven't done in a while. It was nice to celebrate with the family again. That was one of the traditions we've kind of let go. I can remember cramming all of our family in our small shoebox house in Jonesboro for New Year's festivities and enchiladas. The Parkers would be there and the entire Reynolds crew would come as well. I remember sleeping with my cousin Jami and Grandma in my waterbed (not a big bed either) because every square inch of space in that house had someone sleeping on it. Three in the bed and the little one said roll over....

Anyway, Dad borrowed the Bank's gigantic grill and cooked steaks, hot dogs, and all the sides. We had a blast, and get to do it again on Friday night. My cousin Kathy, her husband Anthony, and their daughter Lia (one month older than Landon) will be down from St. Louis for a visit. I'm really excited about seeing them. I haven't seen Kathy since her wedding. Anyway, that's a recap of my holiday!

1 comment:

Madame Kemp said...

glad to see that your holidays were good! i was beginning to wonder if you had dropped off of the grid!!