Friday, January 18, 2008

A Friday Afternoon Blog Hodge-Podge.

I really don't have a lot to talk about. I'm sitting here at work (yes I'm blogging at work) blogging because I really don't have anything else to do. I know that some people like to read my blog just to read my blog. So, since I've been driving myself crazy trying to find something to do, I thought I'd drive you all crazy with a random blog.

YEAH! American Idol started Tuesday night. It was so much fun to sit around with Jim and Emily and Jamie, and watch these idiots try to sing. I just can't believe that someone has encouraged the belief that they could do well on the show. Last year there was a lot of drama about how AI exploits people do not have a complete and total understanding of their capabilities due to a mental deficiency. I'm sad to say that I agree with this, but there are enough lunatics willing to go to any lengths, including waxing every bit of chest hair off his body, to be on national TV. You can't write this stuff! Here are a couple of my favorites from the first night:
How does he sing with his tongue glued to the roof of his mouth! His co-workers should be shot for encouraging him. However, it's funny as all get-out!
Can you believe he really waxed his chest? My favorite part was when they Idoled his butt crack!
I almost killed my cat this morning. For some reason, he really, really, really likes getting in my bedroom window. This is no mean feat since there is a giant plant, a table, and shades to block his way. This morning at 5:00 AM, yes, 5:00 AM, I was awakened to the sound of crashing and the amazingly suprising feel of a cat bounding onto my pillow as he tried to escape the cacophony of noise he had just created. Needless to say, I almost had to change the sheets, since he scared the pee out of me! I yelled at him and threw him off the bed. When I got up this morning, I surveyed the damage he had caused and discovered that my plant was turned over with dirt everywhere, half the objects that are supposed to be on the table were now on the floor in a pile of dirt, and the blinds were ajar. I was still mad when I left the house this morning.

I got the neatest office tool yesterday. It's a DYMO label maker and it's my new favorite thing. I've been labeling everything that isn't tied down, well maybe even some of the tied down things. I love it. If I could take it with me everywhere, I would. It prints out these nice, waterproof labels that stick to any surface. I've gone through and redone a lot of my files, and even some of the students' mailboxes. Ahh, I love amazing office technology.

It was amazingly cold when I arrived on campus this morning. I was wearing my HOGS hoodie (get your own here), a wool coat, a scarf, gloves, a hat, jeans, and Cuddl Duds, and by the time I arrived at the office from my half mile hike into work, I was frozen! My ears hurt when I walked in and it seriously took me about twenty minutes to be able to function. I may have to invest in some ear muffs. Check out these bandless ear muffs I found. Help save my ears- donate to the Ear Pop Ear Muff fund!

I just got off the phone with, I think, the rudest person ever! This morning I took a call from the UPS headquarters in Springdale, and told them they had the wrong department, not to deliver a package here, and put them in touch with the correct office. A few minutes ago, this very offensive man from that department calls me and starts griping at me and asking how I'm going to get his delivery over to his building since I signed for it. First of all, I have NOT signed for a package from the cutest ever UPS man (I totally have a crush on this guy, by the way), I spoke with Kenny at the UPS warehouse. And secondly, it's your own darn package, figure it out yourself! I hate rude people; especially ones who demand answers rather than politely ask questions.
Speaking of UPS, "What can brown do for you?" I love that slogan!

Now that I'm thoroughly offended, I've lost my will to ramble aimlessly through a blog post. Oh well, it's a three day weekend for me! Yeah for Martin Luther King, Jr.! I guess that means I get to stay in bed as long as I want to in the morning, and read, read, read, especially since there are no new shows on TV worth watching. Maybe I'll post something else, if I can shake off the after-effects of the rudest man on earth. Peace!

No comments: