Friday, March 28, 2008

It's Friday. You ain't got no job. You ain't got stuff to do...

Well, I got a letter last night from Farmington saying that there had been several qualified candidates for the position and an offer had been made and accepted, so thanks for applying yada yada yada.
BOO!
I guess I knew deep down the job wasn't mine. It completely explains the weird interview I had with the administration. I still find it really sad that they won't get to experience me. Too bad for them.
Now on to bigger and better things. I interviewed with Fayetteville Schools today. They have a middle school choir teacher position open. This job goes between three different schools, working with sixth and seventh grades. Two of the schools are less than a mile from my apartment.
My interview went extremely well. The high school choir director was there as well as one of the other middle school directors and the principal for the school we were at. It was so much better than any interview for a teaching job I have done. I think I even impressed them because I had done some research about the school and even quoted the school's mission statement from memory and referred to the choir handbook several times. The middle school director seemed to really appreciate that.
I was sad for only a few minutes when I read the letter from Farmington. I know God has got something huge set aside for me, and all I have to do is be patient and let Him work. I appreciate every one's prayers and want you all to know that I am praying for you all too! Hopefully, in the near future, I will be able to share some good news.

No comments: