Thursday, January 18, 2007

Day Three

Today was nothing out of the ordinary. My Dr. Pepper formed ice crystals during the morning session thanks to the fridge (also known as room 328 in the Music Building). Dr. M even had us get up at one point and do a "Swedish Jig" to get out blood moving, since it was frozen in our veins!

The class was privilaged to meet Dr. Ellis Melton today. He was in the same position as Dr. M in the 70's and 80's and will be one of the observers for my internship. He gave us a list of 12 things interns do. It was very informative. I really would like to pick his brain sometime. He's taught all over the world, including Austria, Saudi Arabia, and Trinidad. Can you imagine?

Well, hopefully I'll have more to share as the weeks progress. I can't wait until Monday when I actually begin to be in the classroom. My first assignment is with my friend Rachel. She has been a the music teacher at an area school for the last five or six years and was voted teacher of the year not too long ago. She shares an office with another friend of mine, Melanie, who is the band director at the school. The next six weeks are going to be extremely fun!

No comments: