Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Day One

Since I'm starting something new in my life, I thought I would share it with you. This blog site is called Miss Brown Makes Her Debut for a reason- I'm begining my semester long trek into the student teacher world. It's kind of crazy to think I've finally made it this far! I know a lot of people never thought it would happen. Well, it's official: I'm now an unemployed, full time student again! Do you realize how long it's been since I've been in this position? Oh well, the times are a-changing and I'm ready for it!

Today, we started the seminar class for the internship program in the Music Education Department. It was really interesting. We reviewed a lot of stuff from our Intro to Music Education and Elementary Music Classes. Dr. Misenhelter even made us get up in front of the class and teach a song by rote (basically, echo singing with the teacher). This sounds easy enough, but with only about 20 minutes to choose a song from memory and rehearse it enough to teach it, there was some amazing sounds in our classroom!

Our seminar is actually meeting in the Organ room in the music building. If you haven't ever been in there, imagine a very oddly, mostly rhomboid shaped room with extremely high ceilings. One whole wall is completely windows. It's supposed to be climate controlled to protect the organ, but today, the coldest day on earth, the climate in the room perfectly matched the climate on the other side of the windows. It was FREEZING in that room. And nothing could be done to adjust the heat since the thermostat was lying on the floor and wires were coming out of the wall where the thermostat used to be! Talk about miserable. All of us at one point had our coats on, and one girl even wrapped her scarf around her neck and put on her gloves!

So, there wasn't anything exciting happening today, and probably for the rest of the week. I start with my first school on Monday, so we'll see how that goes!

2 comments:

Ready2Change said...

Hey Glo! Thanks for the Christmas present...it's already been used...haha It's gonna be a stressful semester...
You'll be the coolest music teacher around!! Have fun!
Love ya!
Kayla

Shawn said...

Hey, its like, a reality show, cept not...

where are the pics... there should always be pics in your blog

love ya G