Wednesday, May 21, 2008

A New Camera, A New Baby, & A New Friend- All In One Night

I finally broke down and bought the camera I've been looking at since before Christmas. I really needed a new one since my other one was being held together by rubber bands. Here's the one I got, and it's got so many features, I can't even explain them all! I'm going to have to pick Rachel and Kim's brains just to see what it can do.
Last night, I spent several hours at the hospital here in Fayetteville, awaiting the arrival of the newest addition to our non-traditional family. Jim and Emily welcomed Benjamin James at around 9:45 PM. He weighed 7 pounds 4 ounces. I don't know how long he was, but he was a loooong fellow. I was waiting in front of the nursery windows with Jim's parents and his sister as well as Jamie and Rachel. When Jim came out, he brought us pictures to look at. We could see Ben in the nursery, but he was really far away and surrounded by every nurse in there. Congratulations guys!




On my way home, I had encounter of another kind. Saturday on my way home, my right headlight went out. After work yesterday, I stopped by Auto Zone to get a new bulb. The last time this happened, the nice guy behind the counter came out and changed it for me. I wasn't so lucky this time. I happened to get some manager type guy who just kept asking me if there was anything else I needed. When I asked if he could come out and change the bulb for me, he said it would be about thirty minutes, depending on the other customers in the store. Whatever! I went home. I should have stayed. On my way back from the hospital with my new bulb lying on the floor of the passenger side, I met Officer Baker on the side of the road, about a tenth of a mile from my house. My new friend gave me this beautiful piece of paper as a memento of our first meeting. Isn't that nice?

1 comment:

Clare said...

Did you ask the nice officer if he could change it for you? Or did you just shove the new bulb in his face?