Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Hump Day

This day has started out not so well today. Last night on my trek back from "The Cave" (aka, Jamie and Rachel's house in Cave Springs from our excursion to Mel & Brian's house for some amazing home-made quesadillas), I hit my brake a little hard at a stop light which caused my oil light to come on. Now, I've been meaning to get my oil changed for the last month, but when have I had time? So this morning, I decided I would make time. I got up early and headed over to Wal-Mart, pulled into the Lube Lane, and waited for the horribly slow woman to come take my information. I'm always amazed to see the different people who work in the Tire & Lube Express. One of my friends, Jeff, manages (I think) a TLE in Bentonville, and always has amazing stories about his co-workers. Anyway, there was no one waiting for an oil change and there was only one other car in the garage getting tires, and I counted no less than five guys in the garage doing nothing. I thought to myself, this should be really quick. Boo-yah!

An hour later I hear my name over the loud speaker. An hour later. Seriously, an hour later. Sixty minutes. Thirty-six hundred seconds. Seriously.

How long does it take to change the oil in a car, change the filter, add some fluids, and vacuum out the floorboards? Not an hour. And what did I do with my hour of time that I could never get back? I shopped. The office needed some sugar for the coffee room, and then I did the unthinkable. I shopped for a swimsuit! NO! Say it isn't so! Eh, it wasn't too painful yet. I didn't try it on. That's waiting for me at home when I feel like demeaning myself enough to try it on. I did get a new book I'm going to start reading. More on that later.

So, after my eventful morning, I'm going to have an eventful evening. I have Praise Team practice at 6:00 PM, dress rehearsal with the brass quintet for Saturday at 6:45 PM, and possible dinner at the Burrow house at 7:30 PM. At least my house is clean and I don't have to worry about that when the parentals come up on Friday!

No comments: