Thursday, May 8, 2008

Life is Full of Potholes

I've been thinking about this post for a long time. Have you ever seen a pothole in the road? There is one on my way to work that the city keeps filling, and every time it rains, the recent repair work is washed away and the hole gets bigger and worse. Sometimes in our lives, we have potholes, and rather than taking the time to fix them correctly or figure out what is causing them, we try to do a fast repair and ignore the cause, which eventually leads us to some major catastrophe later down the road. I'm just thankful that I have a God who sees the potholes in my life and can help me first get out of it, and then to fix it, really fix it. Just imagine if we had to do it all on our own. That's a very sad existence. Thank you Lord, for being there and being able to repair the holes in my life..

No comments: