Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Babies, Singing, and Interviews

Mom and Dad came to see Jean get her doctorate, and they brought Braden AND Landon. It was Landon's first long trip without Jonathan or Melanie. Of course, mom and dad's 4 hour drive here turned into a five and a half hour ordeal with all the stops, but they finally made it. Saturday morning, I volunteered to keep the babies so mom and dad wouldn't have to take them to the ceremony and miss Jean walking on the stage because they were chasing toddlers. I took them to one of the area elementary schools to play on the equipment, and then we went to Sonic. When we got back, Landon went down for a nap, while Braden and I watched Spiderman- his favorite show, by the way. Mom and Dad got back about 11:30, and we all headed over to Jami and Greg's for some grilled shrimp and burgers. Greg has some amazing grilling technique; my burger was amazing, as were the shrimp kabobs, even though the coals were dowsed by a sudden downpour of rain. I had to leave early in order to change and make it to Barnhill for the Engineering Ceremony.


The ceremony went fantastically well. My semi-debut singing outside of church went off seamlessly. Well, almost seamlessly. The National Anthem was spectacular. I wasn't nervous at all, and it was in such a great key, that I didn't really have to worry about too much. I had to wait about two hours before I sang again. By the time it was my turn again, I had become nervous. I don't think it sounded bad, but I think I scared everyone, including myself, when I hit the high note at the end- something I never rehearsed! It just kind of came out; no planning, or nothing. I just hope it doesn't show on my face or in my voice! Hopefully, I'll have video to share with you one day this week.


I had an e-mail yesterday from the principal at Izard County Consolidated. They are looking for a music teacher for their choir program for P-12. Yes, that covers all grades. I have an interview set with them for Friday at 11:00. I don't know how I feel about this. I have never wanted to do any work with Jr. high or high school, and even though this district is very small, it's still very intimidating. Keep me in your prayers. I know there is a place that has been provided for me; I just have to be patient and let God work.

In other news, mom and dad brought me a spare recliner they had at the house. I haven't gotten to sit in it yet because a twenty pound fur ball has taken it as his own...








1 comment:

Clare said...

Good luck with your interviews! Have you heard from any of the others?