Monday, April 21, 2008

Say a Little Prayer for Me...

I have two interviews Tuesday. One is at Garfield Elementary in Rogers. This is a very small school, with only 138 students. The music teacher position is only half-time, but it would get my foot in the door. My second of the day is at Jones Elementary in Springdale. This school is 95% free/reduced meal, and a majority of the student population is Hispanic or Marshalese. And Rachel told me last week that Bentonville will probably not do any hiring until the first of AUGUST because the mileage increase didn't happen the way the school board wanted it to. Anyway, keep me in your prayers. The Rogers interview is at 9:00AM (I get to fight the crazy traffic north in the morning) and Springdale is at 3:45PM. I'm taking the day off from the office, but I'll check my e-mail throughout the day. I'll keep everyone posted!

2 comments:

ek said...

what have you got against springdale kiddos?! they're just as sweet...good luck tomorrow!

Gloria Brown said...

Thanks! And for the record, I have nothing against Springdale kids; they are sweet and adorable and I would be honored to teach at a Springdale school. Go Red Dogs!