Sunday, August 10, 2008

Gosh, I'm Such a Slacker!

So, I am officially moved into my new house. By officially moved in I mean that I have all utilities turned on and my internet is working AND I have more unpacked boxes than boxes still filled with all my junk. Have I mentioned how much I hate moving?

The neatest thing about my new place of residence is how quiet it is. I really feel like I'm camping or something when I sit out on my back porch/patio/slab-of-concrete. I did have a visit a couple of nights ago from a curious raccoon who went through my trashcan. Luckily there wasn't anything in there he wanted, so my trash was basically intact. There's a family (I don't know what you call a large group of deer- not a flock or gaggle or anything, right?) of deer that I run into (not literally!) almost everyday. I have noticed a lot of strange new insect variety around the house. I even had a moth that looked like it was wearing the makeup from the Sith Lord in one of the newer Star Wars movies!

All in all, I think I'm really going to like it here. Yesterday, after unpacking my limit of three boxes, I read a book all day. I don't know why I haven't read these books before, but if you get a chance, read the "Twilight" series by Stephanie Meyer. I read Twilight in one day, and it was a very easy read even though it's over 600 pages.

I visited my classrooms earlier this week, and luckily I have a workday all day Monday to get both my classrooms together for the open house Tuesday night. Who in the world decided to have Open House after one day of working in the rooms? Sure, a regular teacher may be able to do it, but I have TWO classrooms and the same amount of time they have. GOSH!

Anyway, here are a few pictures of my house and some of the exotic insects/wildlife so far.

No comments: