Thursday, July 5, 2007

I saw FIREWORKS!

Since the Fourth of July was on a Wednesday this year, I didn't get to see the fireworks show that happens in Batesville every year. I was kind of sad, but my friends and I had a blast anyway. We stayed up extremely late Tuesday night, something we haven't done since we were all in college, and just hung out (talked, ate, played, ate, and did I mention we ate). Anyway, Wednesday we all went to see the new movie, The Transformers. It was ah-mazing! I think it's my new most favorite movie in the world. If you haven't seen, I do suggest spending the money to see it on the big screen. Seeing Optimus Prime on a small screen won't do him justice.

The movie was over two hours long, and it was almost mid-afternoon before we headed back to Casa de Kemp to begin our second feast in two days. This feast consisted of salad, potato salad, chips and hot dogs. And then it was nap time. I think I slept for almost an hour on one of the most comfortable couches ever (good choice Erin and Evan!). After a marathon of Miami Ink on TiVo, the feasting continued with pizza, left over wedding cake, and an amazing concoction of ingredients I'll call the Potato Salad Ranch Dip. That's all I'll say on that subject. Anyway, we ate and then headed out to the yard for a firework extravaganza brought to us by Jamie and Evan. Here are a few of the pictures...

Jacob loved the "Snake."

We all acted like kids when the sparklers came out!


Emma really didn't like the ones that made a loud noise. Once the sparklers were gone, she was out, or inside as the case may be. The Artillery Shells are always fun to see.
Jamie had to be muy macho and hold a bunch of Roman Candles at once. But I think this is my favorite picture from the night.
Some of the big blasts we created.

I always knew you could spell your name in the air with a sparkler.

1 comment:

KimL said...

You know what I have to say right?
You're so awesome!