Thursday, July 17, 2008

Whoa, slow down a minute!

I can't believe how fast time has been moving. My trip to St. Louis to see David Cook is tomorrow. I have to have my entire world packed and in boxes by Wednesday. I will be leaving my apartment and moving to the outskirts of civilization, not to mention leaving my job in a week. And I leave for Florida next Friday. What happened to the summer?

I'm getting more and more excited about everything. Mom and Dad have already gotten the keys to my house (yeah!). I know Dad will be happy to have this move completed. I don't think we're going to be able to throw all of my belongings in the back of his little blue truck like we used to though. I didn't realize I had this much stuff. But, after living in this apartment for well over four years, things tend to collect.

Let me tell you about my new house. I don't have any pictures yet because they are all on Mom's camera and she hasn't figured out how to download the pictures yet. Anyway, it's a two bedroom house with a full bath and a half bath in the master bedroom (I have a master bedroom!). The only bad thing about it is all the paneling. Yes, paneling. But, the landlord has said that he doesn't mind if we paint, so bring on the Kilz primer and the roller brushes! I guess there is another bad thing about it. Oliver, my mountain lion of a kitty, will have to live at Diggy and Papaw's (Landon calls Mom Diggy- isn't that cute!). I don't know what Oliver thinks of that, but he's making the journey to Batesville tonight. Maybe he'll become an outside kitty and not use the litter box anymore...
Well, I'm sure Kayla and I will have a ton of pictures to share from our road trip to St. Louis! Wish us luck. Maybe David Cook will sweat on me since our seats are so close!

1 comment:

KimL said...

Oh my. I hope you're taking a minute to breathe.
Good luck! I'll see you soon to load some boxes!