Friday, July 11, 2008

My First Official Teaching Act

The last few weeks have been a little crazy in my life. I've travelled all over the Batesville-Melbourne-Horseshoe Bend-Ash Flat area and still have no place to live. Well, yesterday I had my first official professional development. The morning session I attended was really interesting. Since I will be working with high school age kids for the first time, I really wanted to hear how to get parents involved with this age group. It was a really interesting workshop and the presenter had some really good ideas. I was really excited about the afternoon workshop. It was the Arkansas History session for high school, and I really was looking forward to see how I could incorporate AH into my choir classes. Boy was it a let down. The presenter was not a history teacher nor was her focus Arkansas History. She was a literacy expert, and not only did she talk about books the whole time, everything was K-6. It was really annoying, and I became that person who tried to make all of her exercises a joke. Well, as much as a could. At least I entertained the people in my group!

1 comment:

The Kemps said...

get ready for 40 years of let-down meetings, and "experts" who can't teach!