Thursday, December 20, 2007

Mr. Clean I am not!

My office is located in one of the older buildings on campus. Because of that, the offices have no storage and are poorly arranged for working conditions (totally throwing off my Fung Shui!). Today I spent the majority of the day cleaning with Linda and Sara. Many of you know that I cannot work in an unorganized office space, and this has been a great challenge of mine for the last three months, trying to maintain a workable office space.

The accountant in our office transferred to another department so that meant we got to clean her office. Now, I'm not saying that I'm the cleanest person ever, but remember when I cleaned my closet and talked about the lady that was on Oprah? That's what this office was like. I think we threw away about 1200 pounds of paper and trash, as well as rearranged the furniture. Several of the faculty were speculating about what the room was going to look like when we were finished. The office went from feeling like a coffin that was slowly shrinking in on you, to a space that could easily hold a small sofa and a chair plus the desk and filing cabinets! That's how much stuff we got rid of. I am probably going to feel every muscle in my body tonight when I get home! At least now, I don't have to go to the gym tonight.

No comments: