Monday, September 3, 2007

Weekend Update

This last weekend was a blast. I don't think I've had such a great time with all my friends in a long time. Friday night, we all piled into two cars and headed to the 112 Drive-In. It was great: watching some movies, eating some hot dogs and all other kinds of junk food, and just hanging out.

Saturday, we all met at Jim and Emily's before the game for some amazing ribs, Asian slaw, potato salad, and other goodies. After gorging ourselves and napping for a little bit, we all piled into Erin's Honda and headed to the game. Well, technically, we headed to the game in two cars, but all seven of us crammed into the Honda for a short lived trip up Garland Avenue. THANK YOU ERIN! The game was great. What's not to like? Football, screaming fans, and 70,000 people all doing the Hog Call at the same time. I love it! The game was alright. I was expecting more, considering all the hype about the team this year, but it was great to have "Game week in the Ozarks, baby!" I was a little disappointed by a couple of things, but I'll save that for another post.

Sunday after church, Erin, Evan, Jamie, Rachel, and I all piled (notice all the piling?) into the X-Terra and headed to Table Rock Lake for a fun Labor Day afternoon. Rachel's ex-brother-in-law David has a cabin (I think) and an amazing boat and dock there. It was so much fun. David took us to an island and met up with some other people for a great cookout. We then headed to another site for some beautiful fireworks. It was so pretty, sitting in a boat watching the fireworks. Ahhh...

Monday, I really didn't do anything. Since my DishNetwork is still not working (completely bitter statement) and won't be fixed until tomorrow, I decided to reduce my clutter. I rearranged some things in my house, cleaned a few things, and did my laundry. I love having all my housework finished!

This week, I hope to hear from some offices for an interview or two. I am heading to Bentonville tomorrow afternoon to fill out all the paperwork to begin subbing. I am not freaking out yet, since I'm now unemployed, but I know I have to really start searching for something. If you hear of any jobs that I could do, let me know!

No comments: