Friday, August 28, 2009

Just Like That

In the blink of an eye, your life can change.

Our family learned that yesterday. My brother has been in the law enforcement field for over ten years, and still the toughest thing he has ever had to do is family notifications. Yesterday, one of his friends had to perform this official duty for my brother.

My sister-in-law, Melanie, was killed in a car accident on Thursday morning. She was 25 years old and the mother of two.

And the one thing that keeps worrying on my heart: I don't know if she was saved.

Please keep our family in your prayers over the next few days and weeks. The boys are doing okay, but I don't think they realize exactly what has happened. But, how do you tell a five year old his mother will never come home again to see him?

Funeral arrangements will be made this morning. Melanie's family will be here today. They are coming in from Florida and Canada. Please pray for their safety in travel as well as peace during the next few days.

We appreciate all the people who have called, stopped by, texted, and brought food. The support and love you have shared with us has been remembered and loved.

4 comments:

Clare said...

Gloria,
I am so sorry that you and your family is having to go through this. I will surely keep you all in my thoughts and prayers as you find your way through this tragedy.
Clare

Anonymous said...

It is good that the boys have you in their lives; it won't be easy, but you will survive. Love, Rachel's Mom

Unknown said...

gloria-your post gave me chills. i am so sorry to hear about your sister in law and i pray for peace and comfort for all of you.

you are in our thoughts-
rhonald and jenny

Brian and Mel said...

G...I am so sorry for your loss. My heart hurts. Please know we love you and are praying for God to give you and your family the strength you need.