Saturday, July 18, 2009

It's a Marry World!

If you didn't know the new Harry Potter movie was released this week, you seriously haven't been paying attention to anything! I absolutely love these movies and books. Before I see any new movie in the series, I like to reread the book and watch the previous movies. I didn't let myself down at all this time. I reread not only Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince but Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows as well. And then, on Wednesday, I parked myself in front of the TV for a Harry Potter marathon, which Braden joined me for part of the day.

I'm really excited about the way Braden has attached himself to the Potter world- only in Braden speak, it's "Marry Podder." I have to keep reminding him it's Harry, like the hairy head you have! It's so funny to hear him talk about "Marry Podder" and then correct himself with "Harry Potter."

Mom and I went to the movies this morning (at 10:00 AM) to see the sixth installment of the series. I must say, this movie was so good! Even if you have never seen a single movie in the series, this one will stand by itself and make you want to watch all the others leading up to this movie. In fact, Mom got in the car after the movie and said she couldn't wait to start reading these books. This is something I've been trying to get my Mom to do since the books first came out! I was so surprised when those words came out of her mouth! Luckily, I have the first two books in paperback at her house, so she started reading them today. Alright, so that's enough HP talk today. Make time to go see this in the theater. I am definitely going to go see it again!

1 comment:

johnnypquest said...

I accidentally stumbled upon HP & The Order of the Phoenix on July 4 while baking cookies and waiting to pull batches out of the oven. I hadn't watched any of the movies or read any of the books. I really enjoyed that movie. A coworker had all of the DVD's and loaned them to me, so yesterday I started my marathon and have completed watching the first three movies. I agree that they are really goood.