Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Holy Crow! What a Day!

I have had an interesting 24 hours. This picture has nothing to do with my day; I just haven't put a picture of Oliver on here in a while.

Yesterday, around 5:30 PM, my computer had to visit the emergency room. Some error message came up and my computer would no longer boot up. After Googling the error, I'm beginning to fear that my motherboard is fried. Really, that's what all the websites said. I almost have no hope.

This morning, I got up early so I could get to school and get things set up, but as I started to walk out the door, I began a 20 minute search for my keys. After I had been on the road with my spare key for about 10 minutes, Dad called and said he found them. After waiting for him for another 7 minutes, he called and said he was at his office (apparently we had a miscommunication- he said park and wait for him, but what he meant to say was park and wait for him at his office). Needless to say, I left Batesville this morning at 7:28 AM. I have a 40 minute drive to the high school. I pulled into the parking lot at 8:02 AM. Whew! Luckily there were no police out this morning!

About 9:00 AM, one of my students pointed out a giant puddle of water forming around my lunch bag. My water bottle lid had come loose, and 24 ounces of water had filled my bag, soaking my food and the floor at the same time. I was thirsty all day long.

But, my bad day got a whole lot better tonight. As I was watching American Idol, I'd come to the realization that Adam was probably going to win. But, fortunately, I was wrong. Arkansas has its first American Idol: Kris Allen from Conway!

Now, if my concert tomorrow night goes like the American Idol Season, I'll be a happy camper. Six more school days until summer vacation begins!

No comments: