Tuesday, May 12, 2009

American Idol

I have't blogged about American Idol at all this year. I feel so behind. But let me point out something:

I cannot stand how Adam Lambert's tongue sticks out to his chin when he sings. Is he trying to immitate Gene Simmons or Steven Tyler? And why does he only do it when his mouth is wide open, flapping in the breeze? The majority of the time is tongue is relaxed and where it should be, and when that happens he's usually singing in his "broadway" voice. And the other thing that bothers me is how he is such a judge's pet. They call him brilliant, but honestly he does the same screaming on pitch type singing he's done all season. True, occaisionally he tries to be a balladeer, but it's still the same musical theater style performance (I have nothing wrong with musical theater- several of my best friends live in New York and are performers).


I honestly am cheering for Kris Allen to win, not because he's from Arkansas or anything, but because in all honesty, I would never, ever buy a CD in the style of music that Adam Lambert has produced on the show (dare I make you recall his rendition of "Ring of Fire?"). Kris, I would buy that album without even thinking about it...

No comments: