Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Mile One

February 10th brought about a lot of changes for me and my mom. About two years ago, she joined a weight-loss program and did a great job, losing almost eighty pounds. Well, two years later, she and I both had not accomplished what we wanted in regard to our weight. Weight has been something my family deals with on a daily basis. There are very few members of my family that are not considered obese to morbidly obese by medical standards. I've been on mom since before Christmas to go back to this weight-loss program. Her blood pressure, breathing, and other health factors were really starting to scare me. And then I thought, well, if I'm griping at mom for this, I might as well look in the mirror and gripe at myself about the same things. So I did.

We cut out caffeine, sugar, and salt; began drinking what seems like a million gallons of water; and began eating properly portioned meals. I've started exercising every day between 30 to 60 minutes a day. I'm really excited about the progress so far. In four weeks, I've lost almost 17 pounds and 22 inches. I've dropped my blood pressure from the first reading of 146/91 to 121/76. And I feel so much better. And I can already tell a difference in mom too.


Please keep us in your prayers. Willpower can only get you so far; sometimes divine intervention is needed to change lives the way we are trying.

1 comment:

KimL said...

Lookin good there hot momma. That's inspiring!