Monday, September 15, 2008

**Insert Snappy Blog Title Here**

I don't have a title for this blog. Nothing interesting has happened yet. School is going well. The kids are... behaving. They just seem to be very social. I think I have a student who has volunteered to save my choir from the torturous piano playing I have been submitting them to. And thanks to Nancy, I can't use well or so to start any paragraph ever again!

I think I need a t-shirt or coffee cup that says "I survived Ike" or something. That storm was wicked crazy, and really hit Batesville hard. One of the guys Jonathan works with had a tree fall on his house- into the nursery he and his fiance had just finished for the arrival of their new baby in a few weeks. Darren said the tree fell directly over the crib where the baby should have been. Wow, huh?

I'm having a lot of fun with the 4th- 6th grade right now. They are so funny! The toughest class I have is probably a tie with my Jr. High Choir and my Elementary self contained class. I have 19 boys and 10 girls in this class. I really don't know what it is about this area, but it seems that the boys outnumber the girls almost 2 to 1! Several of my classes have about 15 or 16 in the class, of which there are only three to four girls. Crazy, huh?

Anyway (there's another word for Nancy's anti-word list), I'm heading to bed. I get to meet with my mentor tomorrow afternoon. Oh, one good thing. Apparently my choir website has been getting a lot of attention from the administration. I guess they like it or something. The high school principal has asked all of his teachers to take a look at it and see if it would be something they would be interested in doing. Hmm, does that sound like an inservice workshop that I could perhaps get double the credit for or what!

2 comments:

AMENMom said...

Mwahahahhaha!

Just think of it as a challenge to be a stronger writer. Or something.

johnnypquest said...

I think your website is a great idea, but don't just ask for double credit, ask for additional pay!!!