Sunday, September 14, 2008

I like Ike... Not.

It's 5:20 AM. Yes, AM. I'm awake because some crazy wicked hurricane- oh wait, it's now a tropical depression- is sitting right over my house. Literally. I typed in the Longitude and Latitude of where the storm is located and it said, "Ha! That's your house! "

Pine cones are being hurtled at the house and rolling across the roof; trees are being laid down almost to the ground with the force of the wind; and pelting rain sounds like it will shatter the thin glass of my window at any moment. And of course, I'm awake. I usually can sleep through anything, so this should tell you how much noise this stupid storm is making.

But I guess it could be worse. At least I don't live in Houston.

2 comments:

Oreste said...

Ciao Gloria, un bacio da Roma

Clare said...

the highway that runs by my graduate school is 8 1/2 feet UNDER water. Hope my records haven't been lost!

Also, the building where I'm going to graduate in 8 months, has damage. The Southeast corner of the building was basically destroyed when the roof cave in.

I still get to graduate, though...right??