Sunday, May 13, 2007

A shout out to the fam...

My family loves me. And I love them too! Saturday, my grandmother, several aunts and uncles, quite a few cousins, and my mom, dad, and brother and his son all drove the four hour plus trek from Batesville to Fayetteville. I don't think they know how much I appreciated it and looked forward to having them visit.

Well, on Friday, I got home and there was a package from my Aunt Polly. She lives in Maryland, so I knew she wasn't going to be able to be here. In the package was this beautiful watch:


Polly doesn't know this, but I haven't worn a watch in almost two years, because my favorite watch broke and I never found another one I liked. I love this watch! I've worn it every day since I opened it up. Thanks Aunt Polly!


Now the "Most Tears Shed Over A Gift Award" goes to my Aunt Jean. My other grandmother died in January 2000, and since then we've all missed her terribly. Well, Jean handed me a gianormous bag and told me to look at the present before I read the card. I did, and inside was this beautiful quilt:And then I read the card. The quilt was pieced together by my grandmother for me before she had her first stroke, and when Jean found it, she held on to it for a special occasion. I guess my graduation was the incentive she needed. Needless to say, I cried like a baby for a few minutes and am shedding a few tears now as I type. Thank you Aunt Jean!

2 comments:

KimL said...

OMG, totally crying.

Rachel Cornett said...

G, your family is so sweet and your grandma is adorable!! Congrats again and I'm still going to find you the perfect teaching job....!