Sunday, May 13, 2007

I LOVE MY FRIENDS!

Saturday I graduated from the University of Arkansas. Yeah me! Since my friends love me soooooo much, they all got together and gave me a great gift. Before I reveal what the gift was, let me give you a little back story.

One of my friends, Evan, works at a jewelry store and is constantly bringing Erin,his fiance, home these amazing free things. Well if anyone knows anything about diamonds, then you've heard the name Tacori. Tacori is a diamond company which tries to promote environmentally safe mining practices and has some of the most amazing diamonds in the world.

We were having a small get-together and Jamie and Rachel's to celebrate Rachel's and my graduation (Rachel just finished her master's), and Evan comes from work with this:

And then hands it to me! Everyone was all smiling, so I opened the card first because that's the polite thing to do (when all I really wanted to do was see what was in the bag!). I realize this gift is from all of my friends, so I started thinking "what in the world..."


Well, I reach in the bag and retrieve this:



Now I'm really starting to wonder what they've done. I think I had a nervous smile on my face. It's not every day you get to open a signature blue Tacori box! When I opened up the box, I found this:


It wasn't diamonds, but that's alright. This is even better! I've been wanting/needing and iPod for months now, and my friends love me enough to know this. Thank you so much guys!

2 comments:

Madame Kemp said...

girl, you gotta get your facts straight before making posts...Evan has only ONCE brought me anything FREE from the jewelry store, and there were ZERO diamonds in it...it was one of several necklaces given to the store by the tacori rep.

The Kemps said...

just an FYI on Tacori: While Tacori does use high quality diamonds in their peices... That's not what makes Tacori unique. Tacori is known for very high quality craftsmanship, detail and uniqueness in their peices. It is all handmade and each peice is made specifically for the customer when it is ordered.
Love you! Love everything about you! thinking of being you for Halloween!!