Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The Dog Days of Summer

I really don't have any fun pictures to share or any fun anecdotes that have happened, but I thought I really should attempt to blog since I've been so bad at it recently.

Summer is getting into a good rhythm. Last week, Braden and I got to spend some quality time together. We pretty much played outside, played the Wii, played at the park, and watched Phineas and Ferb... a lot. We also took a special day and went to the movies, just the two of us, to see "The Prince of Persia." Let me just say that Braden and I absolutely loved this movie! It was like the first "Pirates of the Caribbean" when it came out. So fun!

The boys both go to their summer programs every weekday. Landon is at his pre-school and is having fun every day. This week he is the story helper- not sure what this position does, but he was excited. Every Friday they have "Water Day," which basically means they are playing in water hoses and kiddie pools. This Friday, they do get to go to the Mickey Mouse pool and have fun splashing around in the city pool. How would you like to be in charge of fifty 3, 4, and 5 year olds?

Braden is attending T.R.A.C.K.S. at his school. It's a character building educational summer program that helps bridge the gap during the end of one year and the beginning of the next to help students not loose too much of what the teachers gave them and have fun in the process. He gets to spend the day reading, playing with a lot of the kids from his class, and doing special programs. They get to travel two days a week with this program. This week, they're going to a petting zoo and then a picnic and play time at the river. Sounds kind of fun to me!

As for me and mom, we've been working on creating a bedroom for the boys to share. Since we are all staying in mom and dad's house (my house is basically stripped down to studs in most areas, and Jonathan's work schedule keeps him out at weird hours), the boys really don't have a space of their own. Mom finally decided that she was forgoing her formal living room and turning it into Braden and Landon's room. We've gotten bunk beds, moved all the "adult furniture" out, and started setting up a cool play/bed/activity room for them. They seem really excited about having their own beds, at least until bedtime. For the last nine months or so, they have been sleeping in one of our beds. I guess we're going to have to work hard to get them used to sleeping in their own beds again!

I'm meeting with my new principal tomorrow to go over my staff development plan for the summer and to see one of my new classrooms. I'm really excited about working at Batesville again. The elementaries are set up magnet style- meaning each elementary focuses on certain aspects to allow students a chance to better meet their interests. Eagle Mountain focuses on Health and International/ Multicultural Interests. I can't wait to do all the World Drumming and other programs I've always wanted to do. Central, the other elementary I'll be at, focuses on math and science. I can't wait to start coming up with lesson plans that relate to all the fun subjects these schools can bring. It's going to be fun!

I guess that's all I have to share right now. I really didn't mean to type so much, so I guess I had more going on than I thought I did.

No comments: