Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Change is a-comin'

Well, since I haven't posted since the beginning of March (bad blogger!), lots of things have happened. We've had lots of concerts and several graduations, including our own graduate!

First, at the end of April, the band director and I took a couple of our ensembles to Branson to compete in the Music in the Parks series. The band placed second with a good rating, and the Chamber Choir placed fourth with a good rating as well. Which meant we brought home trophies. Yeah us!

The next weekend (what poor planning on our part!) was the 2nd Annual ICC Talent Show. We had fun with over twenty entries in the competition. Congratulations to the winners!

The next Monday, I did something really intense. I interviewed for an elementary position in Batesville. Apparently Helen Musgrave is retiring, so her position at Eagle Mountain and Central will be open for next year. After going through the interview process, I was offered the job and accepted. There were just too many pros and not enough cons to not take this job. So a week later, I resigned at ICC. I was able to prepare a couple of students before I made the announcement, so it wasn't a total shock. However, one of my students recently asked her mother who my sub was going to be until I came back!

On May 24th Braden graduated from Kindergarten. And Landon had his Spring program too. I'm so proud of both of them. Braden even did most of the motions this year, rather than standing there looking mad! Landon, on the other hand, looked scared to death the whole time he was on stage. At one point he even tried to escape.


We've made it to the end of another school year, and am looking forward to relaxing and reading a few books. Braden and I have three days by ourselves this week. Everyone else is in school through Thursday!

No comments: