Saturday, June 23, 2007

Introducing Mr. and Mrs. Kemp


Today was the second wedding of the month. I actually had two weddings scheduled today, but chose to stay in Fayetteville for Evan and Erin's wedding. It was so beautiful. Erin and her mom, Susan, did an amazing job. My camera decided to run out of bateries right after the ceremony, and since I wasn't prepared for that, I didn't get too many pictures. But I know my friends Kim, Rachel and Melanie, and probably Erin too, will have some on their blogs soon. Here's what I got...



We started the night before with a rehearsal at the church and then ended with dinner at "A Fare to Remember" in Fayetteville. Here are Evan's and Erin's parents as well as Evan's pastor from Hot Springs and the pastor's wife.

Rachel, me, Kim, and Melanie stopped for a photo op outside the restuarant.


Evan has always been a little impatient, and today was no different. Seeing him wait for Erin was so sweet.


Erin's dress was so beautiful, and she was one of the most beautiful brides I've seen, and I've seen quite a few in my years!



There's a running joke in our group of friends that dates back quite a few years. Somehow, every wedding we attend has a giant picture/sculpture of Jesus on the stage of the church, and there's a quote from a movie that is always mentioned. Central didn't disappoint. "Look there's Jesus!"



I don't know if you can see Evan's expression in this picture, but as Erin got a little teary-eyed, I think Evan almost broke his emotional robot state and smiled/cried.




The new Mr. and Mrs. Evan Kemp! Or is it Mr. and Mrs. Evan and Erin Yell dash Kemp? Either way, Erin now has a middle name! Yeah!




Every guest to the reception received a small bride or groom filled with chocolates. Yummm!



On the entrance table, there was a display of all the announcements, invitations, programs and newspaper clippings from the last few months.




The cake was beautiful. Linda Carnes created this chocolate masterpiece for Erin. It was amazingly delicious!




The reception was held at the Nadine Baum Studios, part of the Walton Arts Center. It was a very elegant place to hold the reception. With all the dramatic lighting available, everthing was perfect!



After a little bit of slide showing and a few dances, the entire bridal party toasted the happy couple. Of course it was only sparkling cider, but it was a sweet touch, and I almost cried when Clare teared up!

CONGRATULATIONS EVAN AND ERIN!


I love you both...

No comments: